How to open ArcView project .apr files
Have you had trouble opening the apr file on your computer? What are apr files? We explain what they are and recommend software that we know will open them.
What is apr file?
An apr file extension is associated with the ArcGIS for Desktop and used for its project files.
ArcView project description
The apr file extension is related to ArcView (also known as ArcGIS for Desktop) and used for its project files.
The apr project file can be thought of as being a folder that stores ArcView Documents. Actually, Projects do not contain duplicates of spatial or tabular data, but merely stores "pointers" to the original data as well as storing the Project GUI display format.
- View - A View is a collection of geographic features, grouped by Themes . A View has two components: a Legend and a display window.
- Tables - A Table is a collection of attribute data, typically linked to spatial features in a Theme.
- Charts - A Chart is a graphic representation of attribute data in a Table. A Chart can be dynamically linked to both a View and a Table.
- Layouts - A Layout is a collection of other ArcView Documents in map format.
- Scripts - A script is a computer program that accomplishes these three objectives: add new capabilities to ArcView, automate tasks, and build customized applications.
Suggested software to open apr file
A GIS application used to work with geographic data
There are other APR filename extensions with the same .apr suffix
apr - Apadana Project file
apr - Lotus Approach view data
An apr file extension is related to the Lotus Approach and used for its view data.
apr - MicroSim PCBoard aperture information report
An apr file extension is related to the MicroSim PCBoard aperture information report format.
apr - SAM alignment probabilities
An apr file extension is related to the SAM (Sequence Alignment and Modeling system) and used for its alignment probabilities files.