Open sql file
Did your computer fail to open sql file? We explain what sql files are and recommend software that we know can open your sql files.
What is sql file?
An sql file extension is used for SQL (Structured Query Language) data files. This file is used to exchange or export/import data from relational SQL databases, contains various SQL instructions etc. It is a text file, but only useful together with various sql database servers and sql management software.
sql file description
The sql file extension is mainly related to Structured Query Language or short SQL.
The sql files are text files written in the SQL language and contain SQL code, which is used to modify the contents of a relation database. These *.sql files may contain instructions and statements for creating or modifying database structure, such as data insertions, updates, deletions and other SQL operations.
The .sql files can be read, processed or edited by any SQL-compatible database program or suitable SDK or text editor.
The SQL was adopted as a standard by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986 as SQL-86 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987.
The most common operation in SQL is the query, which is performed with the declarative SELECT statement. SELECT retrieves data from one or more tables, or expressions. Standard SELECT statements have no persistent effects on the database. Some non-standard implementations of SELECT can have persistent effects, such as the SELECT INTO syntax that exists in some databases
What SQL is able to do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views